7. Yeah, I wouldn't mind a ternary operator. Easily misused, which is why they didn't add it, but it would be really nice used judiciously, rather than the 4-line if-else block.
8. Fixed by sort.Slice, which avoids the need for Len and Swap (and even more so by the new generics "slices" package, coming soon). I guess this was added after the article was written?
9. Fixed by "Go modules", which is really well designed and works well (though opinions differ).
10. Fixed with generics being added in Go 1.18. And generic helpers like "slices" and "maps" packages coming soon.
11. Yeah, slightly annoying for newbies, though as he mentioned, tooling tells you. I do like the control you (can) get over allocation and memory management with Go slices.
As far as his summary goes (eg: the type system getting in your way for large programs), I have definitely not found that to be the case. The author doesn't like Go, and that's okay! I don't like Java. :-)