Meditations by Marcus Aerelius
Recent @thedogeye Activity
Meditations by Marcus Aerelius
Why do swimmers eat 8 meals a day without gaining weight ?
>> I had a bunch of other things I wanted to say here, but mercifully, I've forgotten them.
I'm stealing this lol
It's crucial to retrain your brain not to have negative feelings toward those who have a lot of money. Otherwise you will subconsciously undermine yourself to ensure you never get a lot of money.
TIL Kurt Vonnegut was a Wikipedia kid (someone who's dad had/would've had a Wikipedia article about them)
Hey there, email me email@example.com we will get you in the interview loop. We don't require college that is a big mistake on our part.
Detention is when you keep a container out too long. Demurrage is when you wait too long to pick it up.
People were locked down so they stopped spending money on services (hotels, restaurants, travel, massage, etc) and instead bought more goods. This happened at the same time governments printed trillions and pumped it into the hands of consumers and businesses. The result was a 20% surge in container volumes, which our supply chain infra just wasn't ready for.
Roberta Sparrow predicted this in her book the Philosophy of Time Travel.
Source for this is a book called Barons of the Sea: https://www.amazon.com/Barons-Sea-Worlds-Fastest-Clipper/dp/...
Great book if you're interested in America's history in large scale drug dealing.
The answer to the bonus question is opium. In particular the Forbes family (not related to the magazine folks) traded about 20% of all the opium sold in China during this period with the other 80% coming from the British East India Company and other UK-based trading houses.
Fun fact, the Forbes family is still one of the wealthiest families in America, they own their own massive private island called Naushon Island right next to Martha's Vineyard. They also have their own family museum in Boston where you can learn about their trading history in Asia which I'm super eager to visit And the patriarch of the Forbes Family today is... wait for it... John Kerry. When Obama made Kerry his secretary of state the Chinese weren't super thrilled, they have a long memory.
in Civ 6 you can toggle back to the 2D graphics really easily, i sometimes play that way bc its easier to see the resource squares.
It's unbelievably bad. This is literally the only thing you need a wiki for. I can't believe this is the market leader. Notion is going to crush them.
Even Headspace has gotten this 100% wrong. It's so sad.
Yes, Amazon does more retail sales than Walmart. Their "revenue" is only 15% on all third party sales, which are now more than half of total sales on the platform. They don't report on total sales on the platform on purpose to avoid drawing attention to the fact that they are bigger than Walmart.
They are not selling the actual products of these startups but rather super cute miniaturized versions that they made.
Flexport does it.
Before the industrial revolution 25% of deaths were homicide.
Beyond the Meme: Ever Given, Supply Chains, and the Physical World
1 points • 0 comments
Could the recovery of whale populations have a role in this?